Monday, January 23, 2012

Perfection for others

Why do people try so hard to be picture perfect? Like they want you to see them as something we all know they are not. Maybe it looks good from the driveway, but go inside and it's anything but perfect. I have no shame in telling you that I have issues. (No jokes, please) I have battled depression, anxiety and fear and with God, we won. I have to remind myself that the devil wants me to be afraid all the time, and when I feel him creeping his way in, I call on my almighty God and he hears my crys and saves me from my fears. God rescues me daily and I am so grateful to serve. Now I also know how easy it is to dwell in sadness, anxiety and fear because I have done that! Man it was a long road that I will not ever revisit. If you will just let him, God has a way of touching your heart like no one else can. I put God FIRST always, before my husband, parents, kids and friends. My husband knows he does not come first, as I do not come first to him and I am thankfully okay with this set-up. Now I am no expert, but here's what I do know: God is mighty, God is merciful, God is forgiving, God is everlasting and the great I AM. Be of great faith friends, test him and see what he can do. Whatever it is in your life that feels like defeat, give it ALL to God. God can't take care of it if you keep holding onto it!
My mom is such an inspiration to me, she has such great faith and I think that is such an awesome gift. I look at the trials and hardships she has endured in her life and it makes me sad to know the things she has gone through. BUT she holds her head high and moves on, sometimes I just don't know how but she reminds me that God doesn't want us to dwell there, but to dwell in him and he gives us peace. Life gives us circumstances that we as humans don't understand, but know this, NOTHING gets to you without going through God first. His plans are perfect, all of them. The best prayer I have ever prayed was this:
"God, Change me..." Man that little prayer had such a huge effect on my life, my marriage and my lifestyle. Things I didn't understand came into focus. You see, it's not always others that bring us down, but ourselves. Ask God to change you so you may see the real issue. I think it's kinda cool to have issues, just so I can see God work on people, because the truth is if we were perfect, we wouldn't need Jesus.................so imperfections are awesome because I love to need Jesus! Here's what is perfect though, Jesus and the love he has for his children. Amen to that! So if you ever happen to stand in my driveway and it looks good, come inside and if things aren't perfect, well we will have lots of coffee and pray about it!

 Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord you God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. (Isaiah 43:1b-3a)

No comments:

Post a Comment