My newest journey has begun......the journey of changing my mindset and my body. Pray for me......lol. I have a new found love of jogging. It's hard for me because I am so out of shape, but I know it will get easier. My goal is to be able to do a 5k by Jan 2013.
So, my first day jogging I pray, and this is how it went......."Okay God, if you will give me the strength I can do this........ I think" And God replied to me clear as a bell...." I gave you everything you need to do this, except the excuses." God is so awesome! Sometimes all you need is to just listen.
Now I also made a deal with the hubby. This was a bad idea I'm sure. The deal is that I have an entire year to lose as much weight as I can. On Jan 1st 2013 I am going to the beach and I have to wear a bikini........Oh my word what have I done???????????? Nothing like a little pressure huh? No worries, I can do this, I can do this, I can do this!!!! I have to do this!
I look at myself and I think, what happened? I used to be in shape, used to feel good. Then I remember the words of my dad......"used to's don't count." I love that I can also count on my dad for brutal honesty and zilcho on sympathy when it comes to being overweight. If you know my dad, you know just what I mean. I hope he doesn't read this, because I will never live down the bikini thing, I can hear that conversation now.......lol. I love you dad! Anywho, so I think I'm doing pretty good so far, please pray that I can stay on track and be diligent with this.
It's funny how you put off so many things in life because you've gained weight. Examples of this.....pictures, I hate my picture being made and I don't think it's because I'm afraid someone will see it but maybe because I don't want to see it myself. The beach, I love the beach but don't want to go because someone might see me in my bathing suit cover up! (plus the pasty white legs don't help). But no worries this time next year I will be different........promise.
I also would like to say thank you to a few of my motivators, Pinterest thank you for all the motivational exercise pics and if you would stop putting pics of 10000 calorie desserts on there I can probably do better ;) My friend Therese, because you ran 13 miles I know I can run 3, Thank you!(I'm really glad you decided to listen to God on that one, I knew you could do it!) My husband who loves me no matter what and does supermans with me, I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment