Let me jump right into yesterday, I am a firm believer in divine appointments and God saw fit to give me one yesterday. As I was locking up at work and just about to walk out, a van pulls in. My first thought was "never fails." So I put down my purse and keys and waited...........out of this very old van emerges a very tiny elderly woman with some sort of homemade portfolio. As soon as she entered the door I was overcome with joy and could not help but smile. She wanted so humbly to show me her paintings and I couldn't wait to see them. But the entire time she was in the shop she praised God, every word seemed to give praise to our Father. As she showed me every picture, she spoke bible verses and closed her eyes most of the time, constantly giving all honor and glory to God. She tells me that she sells them for $10 or whatever someone sees fit to pay. So after about 10 minutes, she says "do you see anything you like?" I already knew the one I wanted, it had lillies on it and a bilble verse:
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9
My friends, let me tell you that this was an awesome lady. First thing I thought of when I saw her, Christlike, humble, sweet spirited and I knew I was in the presence of God. So when I read that verse, I had chills. "The Lord your God is with you where ever you go" No doubt he was with us yesterday.
Needless to say I felt led to give her $20 dollars and when I handed it to her, she wept and was so stunned, like I handed her a million dollars. Man it was moving......and I told her thank you for coming in, it was a joy to see her. On her way out she kneeled and gave thanks to God. When she left it was all I could do to keep from crying tears of joy. It is so awesome to see such a love of our Father! As I drove home I thanked God for this moment, for this lesson, and the opportunity to help and be helped. Isn't it funny how God works on us........
No comments:
Post a Comment