So I started running in January, got off to a slow start, very slow really but I love it. I used to say and I quote "I'm not a runner, I could never be a runner and I don't want to run unless someone is chasing me with a knife."
First let me say that I am not the commitment type when it comes to exercise and normally I can come up with any and every reason why I shouldn't do it. I use my kids as an excuse, my job, I'm tired, I need to clean house.......blah blah blah. You get the point.
So I have committed myself to running every day, I do skip a day here or there, but I mainly stay on track. Plus I bought myself some snazzy running shoes from the rude skinny college kids at the Fit 2 run store in the mall, so you know it's serious.
My point is that if I can do this anyone can! When I'm jogging and I feel like I just can't make another step I like to picture myself during the harsh labor of my last child. When you're having a baby you can't stop or give up no matter how bad it hurts (and it hurts really bad). And then when it is over you have this huge sense of serious accomplishment. Right ladies???? Every day I go a little further, I won't say it gets easier, because it hasn't yet. I'm waiting on that.......of course if it were easy it wouldn't work.
Now let me also say that I have some pretty awesome people encouraging me, which really helps a lot. I am so very grateful for them, But......my biggest encouragement come from God, he gives me my strength, he guides me and he hears my cries and complaints and he still loves me! I can't wait to see what he has in store for me with this running stuff, I bet it's gonna be AWESOME!
My friend (Terese) just ran the Disney princess 1/2 marathon and I was very impressed by this, so I said to myself, Self, you can do this. If she can run a 1/2 marathon, you can certainly get up off your rear and jog a mile. Sounded good until I jogged like 50 feet and almost died. But hey I can almost jog a whole mile now! It sounds easy, but it's not. Unless you are a seasoned runner then it just seems like I'm a slacker. lol Anywhosit, It hurts, my legs are sore every day, but I love it. However, my dog does not feel the same. Poor Izzy........
I figure I will be able to run a 5k by Jan 2013, at least that's the plan.....I will not fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment